Cycling is one of the most financially-savvy, environmentally-friendly ways to travel. Indiana’s cyclist community continues to flourish with new bike lanes and trails, but with the increase in bicycle users, comes an increase in bicycling accidents. Even with the correct safety gear, cyclists can be severely injured in a bicycle accident, especially when a motor vehicle driver is involved. If you or a loved one has suffered from a cycling accident in Indiana, please contact a Ladendorf Law attorney today.
Common Reasons Why Bicycle Accidents Occur
Most reasons for an injury based claim from a bicycle accident fall in two categories — negligent drivers and faulty equipment:
- Motorist disregards basic rules of the road;
- Motorist is distracted;
- Motorist is on the phone/texting;
- Motorist is driving under the influence;
- Motorist is speeding, making illegal turns, improperly signaling, running a red light;
- Motorist opens car door without looking for approaching cyclists; and more.
- Bicycles and bicycle gear do not conform to safety standards;
- Tires are defective;
- Product/equipment failed to warn;
- Instructions for proper use of equipment were confusing/non-existent; and more.
Ladendorf Law will Fight to Get You the Compensation You Deserve
Bicycle accident injuries are often serious, and can have long term effects on the victim’s physical and mental health; getting treated for these injuries can be a painful process alone. The Indiana bicycle accident attorneys at Ladendorf Law believe that you have suffered enough, and will stop at nothing to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for the injuries you’ve sustained.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Indianapolis today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident due to the negligence of another, please contact Ladendorf Law at your earliest convenience. Ladendorf Law is a small family based firm. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide each client with the personal attention they deserve. Coping with the after-math of a bicycle accident can be physically, emotionally, and mentally difficult. The personal injury lawyers at Ladendorf Law are here to help. Contact us today for a free initial consultation: 317.842.5800