Slip & Fall Accident
A slip and fall accident is one of the common forms of liability injury claims and is made by thousands of people in Indiana each year. Injuries from these accidents range from minor cuts to life-threatening conditions. Cases involving slip and fall accidents can be extremely complicated in nature, but can usually be narrowed down to the fact that the owner of the premises owes individuals on their premises a duty to take all reasonable steps to provide a safe premises.
Ladendorf Law takes slip and fall accident claims seriously. We are committed to fighting against such forms of negligence, and we will expend every resource we have to ensure that you get justice and proper compensation if you are a victim in a slip and fall accident.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents in Indianapolis
Though slip and fall accidents can be caused by a number of factors, the following contributes to bulk of them:
- Wet and slippery floors
- Icy sidewalks without proper salting or warning signs
- Floors made of slippery materials
- Cracked or broken ground
- Broken staircases that might collapse or even trip visitors
- Faulty elevators and escalators
- Clutter or other obstructions in stores
What to do when involved in a slip accidents
As experienced slip and fall accident lawyers in Indianapolis, we recommend that you do the following when involved in these types of incidents:
- Do not make any detailed statement to anyone in the absence of your lawyer
- Get the names of the managers and owners of the property
- Take down the names of the witnesses
- Take a photo of the scene and the injuries
- Save all the footwear and clothing
- Seek medical attention if injured and keep all the relevant documents
- Don’t talk to insurance adjusters
- Get a hold of slip and fall accident lawyers in Indianapolis, like Ladendorf La, as soon as possible
Get help from our Indiana Slip and Fall Lawyers
If you or a loved one is a victim of slip and fall accident, we welcome you to call us, or come in, for a free, no obligation, consultation to discuss your case. We strongly believe in justice, and we’ll do everything within our powers to ensure that you are adequately compensated.