Daniel A. Ladendorf is an Indiana Personal Injury Lawyer who gained significant investigative and courtroom trial experience early in his career as legal counsel to the Marion County Grand Jury and as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney during the terms of Marion County Prosecutors Steve Goldsmith, Jeff Modisett and Scott Newman. After leaving local government in 2000, Dan has pursued his passion in civil practice through Ladendorf Law, where he seeks fair and reasonable results for his injured clients and their families through insurance claims, litigation, trial and appeals when necessary.
Dan also recognizes the importance of advancing justice through other forums. For several years, he has volunteered as Legislative Co-Chairman for the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), where he also is one of sixty members on the Board of Directors and one of eleven members of its governing Executive Committee. The ITLA Board of Directors recognized Dan's tireless efforts in promoting legislative changes to Indiana's Hospital Lien Statute for the benefit of future clients by awarding him the 2013 "Trial Lawyer of the Year" award, one of ITLA's highest annual honors. Through his legislative work, Dan tries to put into practice the observation of Don Keenan, the noted trial lawyer from Atlanta, Georgia, who wrote that a true trial lawyer does one-third of his good in the courtroom, one-third of his good educating the public about safety issues, and one-third of his time actually bringing about change before the legislature.
As a multiple-term mayoral appointee to the five-member Indianapolis-Marion County Board of Ethics, Dan continues his service to Indianapolis and Marion County government. The Board of Ethics oversees the implementation and enforcement of the ethics ordinance enacted by the City-County Council for all local government employees and officers.
Dan has extensive administrative experience in the trial court system having served as Chief Deputy Clerk for the Marion County Circuit and Superior Courts, as well as Court Administrator to the then-Presiding Municipal Court Judge Harold Kohlmeyer.
Dan served as General Counsel to the Marion County Election Board from 2001 through 2006. The county election board is responsible for the administration of all federal, state and local elections in Indianapolis and Marion County, including local school board elections.
Dan is member of the Indiana State Bar Association and the Indianapolis Bar Association, where he has been inducted as a Distinguished Fellow of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation. Dan has lectured as a member of the faculty for a number of continuing legal education seminars, including programs sponsored through the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (ICLEF) and Indiana Trial Lawyers Association.
Dan holds the distinguished Martindale-Hubbell "AV" peer-review rating and has been recognized multiple years since 2006 as one of Indiana's Super Lawyers by Law & Politics. Super Lawyers is an annual listing of lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement as published in the Super Lawyers magazine and Indianapolis Monthly Magazine.
In addition to being a graduate of the Indiana University (Kelley) School of Business (B.S., 1983) and (McKinney) Law School (J.D., 1986), Dan also received a Certificate in Public Affairs (1983) during his undergraduate studies through the Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs.
Dan is an attorney at Ladendorf Law focusing his practice in the representation of clients who have suffered injury through the negligence of another party, including the damages that result from such injuries because of motor vehicle and motorcycle collisions; premises liability cases; medical malpractice; product liability; and wrongful death.
- Personal Injury
- Motor vehicle and motorcycle collisions
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- J.D. - 1986
- Indiana University at Bloomington – School of Business
- B.S. - 1983
- School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- Certificate in Public Affairs, 1983
- Indiana, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- One of Indiana’s Super Lawyers by Law & Politics, Super Lawyers magazine and Indianapolis Monthly Magazine, Since 2006
- 2013 Indiana Trial Lawyer of the Year, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Super Lawyer Award
- Certificate in Public Affairs, Indiana University School of Public and Environmental Affairs, 1983
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation, Distinguished Fellow
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), Legislative Co-Chairman, Board of Directors and governing Executive Committee
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Indianapolis-Marion County Board of Ethics, Past Member
- TLA College of Fellow, Member
- Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, Marion County Prosecutor’s Office – Grand Jury Investigative Division, Municipal Trial Division and Felony Trial Division
- Chief Deputy Clerk, Marion County Clerk’s Office
- Court Administrator, Municipal Court of Marion County
- Legislative Assistant, Indiana House of Representatives
- Marion County Election Board, General Counsel, 2001 to 2006