Has A Burn Injury Affected Your Life?
Burn injuries are one of the most painful and devastating injuries someone can experience. Burns of any degree have the potential of leaving scars that can last for many years and not only affect one’s appearance but will in most cases create a permanent feeling of prolonged pain and sensitivity. This is not to mention the emotional distress that such victims go through.
It is true that no amount of money will cause a scar or a burn to disappear completely, but there exists a system of law to provide victims compensation for the damages that burn injuries might have caused them.
Ladendorf Law is an Indianapolis law firm that specializes in personal injury claims, including burn injuries. Since such injuring instrumentalities and injuries are unique, there are no two cases that will ever be the same. We thus provide one-on-one services, tailored to meet the needs of each specific client. We even offer hospital and home visits as part of our emotional support to our clients.
We understand your pain and work hard to get you the appropriate compensation to help you on your road to recovery.
What Are The Most Frequent Causes Of Burns?
Burn injuries can be caused by several things, including but not limited to the following:
- House fires
- Gas explosions
- Defective products
- Accidents at work
- Automobile fires
- Scalding due to hot water
- Industrial accidents
- Electronic or e-cigarettes and vapors
What To Know About The Degrees Of Burns
There are essentially three degrees of burn injuries, and these are based on their severity. They include the following:
- First-degree burn – This happens when the top layer of the skin, also known as the epidermis, is affected.
- Second-degree burn – These burns affect the epidermis and the second layer of the skin (dermis). It may result in visible blistering and damage to nerve endings. It should be professionally treated and might occasionally require skin grafting.
- Third-degree burns – This damages up to the subcutaneous layer of the skin. The top layers will be charred, and there will be extensive damage to the nerve endings.
If You Have Damages, Contact Us Now
There are several factors taken into consideration when calculating damages for burn injury victims. The presiding judge or jury might consider such factors as the loss of earning and earning potential, medical expenses, pain and suffering, emotional damages, future pain and suffering amongst others.
The legal services we have for our burn victims are highly personalized. Contact us today for a free initial consultation and speak with a burn injury attorney who cares for you. The number to call is 317-842-5800.